1. About Us
- 1.1 Welcome to Awakened Pages! The team at Awakened Pages aspire passionately to be part of the solution, to harness the potential of our collective spending power, and to facilitate the redirection of wealth from the large corporations back to the local communities and businesses. Our
- unique online directory can connect thousands of awakened businesses with tens of thousands of awakened customers who want to support them.
- 1.2 We are Advantage Innovations Ltd trading as Awakened Pages, a limited company registered and trading in Scotland (company number SC692761). These terms cover the use of our website www.awakenedpages.co.uk (“Website”) and the relationship we establish together when you engage with our Services.
- 1.4 We may, at our sole discretion, modify these Terms and Conditions at any time. By accessing the Service at any time after such modifications, you are agreeing to such modifications. These terms were last reviewed in November 2021.
- 2.1 The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and any or all Agreements created from time to time:
- i “Client”, “User”, “Potential Client” and “Visitor” refers to You, the user of this Website, in any capacity;
- ii “The Website”, “Awakened Pages”, “Ourselves”, “We” and “Us” refer to our Business Advantage Innovations Ltd trading as Awakened Pages;
- iii “Party”, “Parties” or “Us” refer to both You and Awakened Pages.
- 2.2 Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, non-capital letters are considered interchangeable and therefore a reference to them.
3. Description of and Access to Services
- 3.1 Awakened Pages assists our Website users, as Customers, connect with our Clients who wish to advertise their Businesses on our Website, either on a free or paid basis. Our clients own a variety of different businesses and we help promote their Services to You;
- 3.2 We reserve the right to refuse to provide our Services to any person for any reason and/or to discontinue the Service in whole or in part at any time, with or without prior notice;
- 3.4 You are responsible for keeping your account password secure and do not share it with any third parties either for personal or commercial use. If you believe your password may be compromised, please reset it as soon as possible or contact us directly.
4. Product and Services
- 4.1 All products and services including their descriptions, specifications, advertisements and relevant information about the Businesses displayed on our Website are provided for the sole purpose of describing our Client’s services and products to You. They are not intended to form part of the Agreement between us;
- 4.2 For our Clients, the price(s) of our packages as displayed on our website are correct at the time you place your order. Unless stated otherwise, all prices stated on our Payment Plan are exclusive of value added tax (VAT). All prices are subject to change without prior notice;
- 4.3 Please note that it is possible that, despite our best efforts, some of our Products and Services may be incorrectly priced on our Websites from time to time. We will not be obliged to supply the Services at the incorrect price.
5. Placing an Order
You may place an order with us at any time through our Website by signing up for an account. We will send you an email acknowledging your purchase, which will confirm the order details and details of how to access the purchased Services. A binding contract will only come into force between us once you have received this acknowledgement email.
6. Payments, Cancellations and Refunds
- 6.1 For our clients, if you choose our ‘Showcase’ or ‘Video +’ plans, these are recurring monthly plans. We must receive the first month payment in full at the point of sale and before your plan can be processed. Payment for any of our products and services will be processed by our third party payment provider, Stripe, who are PCI-DSS Compliant. Please note that your payment card details are never shared to or visible by us. Payment will be received by us upon confirmation that the transaction has been successful;
- 6.2 Please note that other payment options are available, including Paypal and Bank Transfer;
- 6.3 You may cancel your subscription at any time by giving 30 days notice. To request an order cancellation, please email us at email@example.com
7. Intellectual Property Rights and Copyright
- 7.1 Unless stated otherwise, Intellectual Property Rights and Copyrights for all Awakened Pages material displayed on our Website are owned by us. For our Clients and the businesses we advertise, the Intellectual Property Rights belongs to our Clients, who grant us a non-exclusive, fully revocable, non transferable, royalty free (unless on paid plans) to use their Intellectual Property for the purposes of advertising their company on our Website. Any rights not expressly granted in these terms and conditions are reserved by the Company.
- 7.2 We respect the intellectual property of others. If you believe in good faith that any materials on our Websites, Products or Services infringe upon your copyrights, please send the following information us at
- i Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- ii Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- iii Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- iv A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notification is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorised to act on the copyright owner’s behalf;
- v A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest.
8. Data Protection
9. Limitation of Liability
- 9.1 To the extent permitted by law, we (and any of our officers, directors, employees, shareholders, affiliates or agents) exclude all liability and responsibility from any amount or kind of loss or damage arising out of or in connection with your use of our Website, with exception given only to the circumstances that cannot be limited by law as per Section 9.2.
- 9.2 Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed so as to exclude, limit or attempt to limit any liability which cannot be legally limited, including but not limited to:
- i for personal injury or death resulting from our negligence;
- ii for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or to attempt to exclude our liability; or
- iii for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- 9.3 Subject to 9.2 set out above, we shall not be liable to You for any indirect or consequential loss or damage of any nature whatsoever arising and whether caused in tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise (including foreseeable), any loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profit, loss of contracts or clients, loss of anticipated savings and third party costs.
10. Disclaimer of Warranties
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THIS AGREEMENT, THE SERVICES AND WEBSITES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW WE DISCLAIM ALL OTHER REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS AND GUARANTEES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS OR GUARANTEES: (I) OF MERCHANTABILITY OR SATISFACTORY QUALITY; (II) OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (III) OF NON-INFRINGEMENT; OR (IV) ARISING FROM CUSTOM OR TRADE USAGE OR BY ANY COURSE OF PRIOR DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT THE SOFTWARE, DOCUMENTATION AND/OR THE INFORMATION OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR PRODUCE PARTICULAR OUTCOMES OR RESULTS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY ISSUES WITH THE SOFTWARE THAT ARISE FROM CUSTOMER DATA, THIRD-PARTY SERVICES OR THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE DO NOT PROVIDE ANY ACCOUNTING, TAXATION, FINANCIAL, INVESTMENT, LEGAL OR OTHER ADVICE TO YOU, USERS, OR ANY THIRD PARTY. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE TIMELY INSTALLATION OF MAINTENANCE AND WE SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY ISSUES WITH THE SOFTWARE, OR FOR ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, LIABILITIES AND EXPENSES WHICH YOU INCUR AS A RESULT OF YOUR FAILURE TO DO SO.
11. Third Party Rights
Except as expressly set out in this Agreement, a person who is not party to this Agreement will have no rights to enforce any terms of this Agreement.
12. Entire Agreement
If any provision or part-provision of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable then such provision(s) shall be deleted, or shall be construed, as far as possible, to reflect the original intentions of the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision(s) with all other provisions in this Agreement remaining in full force and effect.
14. Force Majeure
14.1 Notwithstanding any provision contained in the Agreement, neither party will be liable to the other to the extent fulfilment or performance of any terms or provisions of the Agreement are delayed or prevented by a Force Majeure Event.
14.2 A Force Majeure Event means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation, server failures, software failures, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks.
From time to time, we may amend these Terms and Conditions at our sole discretion. We will notify you of any material changes to the terms of this Agreement. By continuing to access or use products and services after we have provided you with such notice of a change, you are indicating that you agree to be bound by the modified terms. If the changes have a material adverse impact on our Clients and are not acceptable to our Clients, then You must notify us within thirty (30) days after receiving notice of the change. We will restrict access to our products and services and erase your account.
16. Governing law and jurisdiction
This Agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Scots Law. Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of Scotland shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this Agreement or its subject matter.
17. Contact us
We endeavour to respond to your queries as soon as we can.
We would love to hear your questions, concerns, and feedback about our Services.
You can contact us at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org